When many of us think about mixing prints we instantly become intimidated or turned off. Well if you apply a couple basic concepts when doing so, then it can become fun and creative instead. There are a few Key things to remember when mixing prints. 1. Keep a natural balance 2. Always keep the same color palette for both prints. You do not want the prints to fight against one another. These two things can make your mixing prints experience exciting and on point, instead of complicated and distracting to the eye.
1. Dramatic patterns – When mixing dramatic patterns, as stated above it’s all about the colors.
Outfit #1 – “GO BOLD OR GO HOME”
2. Strips and bold floral prints – When mixing strips and bold floral prints, always remember to keep a natural balance and again maintain a similar color palette.
Outfit #2 – “Mixing Prints Over The Weekend”
Guest post by Dawn Gibson-Thigpen. Dawn is a gorgeous blogger from South Florida who I know from a couple of yrs now & I really like her outfits.
You can catch her HERE:
- Blog: http://simplysassysstyle.
- Polyvore: http://ssstyle.polyvore.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SSStyle1
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dawn.
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/
- Blogluvin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
10 thoughts on “MIXING PRINTS 101”
I love look number two! She has really great style.
Even I loved 2 and 3 :))
Thanks so much Jessica!
Bee thanks for the opportunity! You rock!
Look 3! kinda cool!
Even I loved it!!1
cool i like the second look , I also have same trousers 🙂
Even I loved the 2nd and 3rd ones :))
Thanks everyone for the nice replies!
I appreciate it!