Have you ever felt that whatever know about a particular thing all your life is wrong? I felt the exact same thing after I finished my brow grooming session with the Anastasia beauties this weekend. I have been grooming my brows for about a decade now but never realized how little I knew until now!~
I met Alicia from The Anastasia team at the Nordstrom event I spoke about HERE. She and her team are the experts with the Brow bar at the Nordstrom in Aventura mall. I spoke to her at length about the general brow framework & grooming and she patiently answered all my queries. I received so much in-depth information which I was so ignorant about.
When we started, she asked me in depth about my skin – like its condition, allergies, preferences etc and then proceeded to give me full information about how they work with the individuals & their brows. I managed to capture a little snippet in the video below – hope you like it :
Things I learnt from this session :
– Sometimes a makeover is as easy as changing your arches.
– The eyebrow chart that the experts made really works. your arch should depend upon the mid of the Iris as shown below.
– The brow stencils are designed according to your face shape. They actually work on enhancing the eye shape & make eyes look not droopy. My stencil shape is – full arch!
– Threading is not necessarily the best option & even most waxes are harsh on the skin. select the wax which is mild & won’t rip off the delicate eye skin (has happened to me once) Also look out for in-grown hair! they look the worst!
-While selecting color for your brows :
- 1) If you’re dark – go a shade lighter .
- 2) If you’re light – go a shade darker.
- Always try the product in natural light before buying so it gels together with the natural hair.
– Highlighting above & below the brows with a light highlighter brings out the shape & looks really well put together.
Here are some pics of the lovely group I met :
btw- I came to know a lovely tip about mascaras from Alicia : If you have brown eyes, apply a blue mascara on the outer lashes to add more jazz. SHe had blue mascara on (and it was day) – she looked absolutely stunning & now i’m hunting down blue mascaras!
Do you know any brands that carry some?
The grooming session was provided courtesy of the Anastasia team at Nordstrom Aventura mall miami where I covered the Sale event HERE! All opinions are my own!
9 thoughts on “My experience with the Anastasia brow grooming and my 1st youtube video!”
wow this is so cool..i always wanted to try anatasia brow kits! they are cult favorites! you’ve got such a sweet voice 🙂
hehehehe… thank you!!! I also want to get the brow wiz and the stencils!!
Anastasia offers blue mascara by the way & it’s amazing!
Oh wow. Thanks Vanessa… Will go check it out :))
wow….luvd it bee…..I am def going to get this once I finish my NYX brow kit!!!
me too 🙂 the stencils do work!!!
Pingback: Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrafull Gloss Review & swatches! | Beauty and Everything Else
Pingback: ANASTASIA Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel review. | Beauty and Everything Else
Pingback: Currently testing – Nov 2013! | Beauty and Everything Else