Who’s bothered by the constant weather changes these days? Not just in east coast but all over the world- its hot one day and windy the next. hope its not for the worse!
These days every brand is making shadow sticks – drugstores and high-end alike. Shadow sticks act as a base for eyeshadows specially if we want a richer hue or a higher color consistency. specially in theatrical make-up.
The website says: You’ve got the best of both worlds! Combining the convenience of a pencil with the application of an eyeshadow in a jumbo-sized crayon design. Stick on smooth color anytime, anywhere with this pigment-rich stick for a long-lasting creamy finish with a stroke of edgy color.
Easy to apply, blendable color in rich, vibrant shade
Create the perfect funky daytime look or glam, nighttime effect
Stick formula allows for application on the go
Line upper and lower lash line and smudge for a sexy, smoky look.
Apply as shadow to the upper lid for a flash of edgy color.
For more intensity, layer colors.
Colors available : Techno,Electro,Pixie,Envy, Graphite,Distress
My Experience: Honestly speaking, I wasn’t really thrilled when I got these. Let me sum up in points :
– They are very creamy and thus easy to apply on the lids.
– The shades are sheer to dark and very buildable.
– They are shimmery but not glittery. so kinda safe on the waterline.
– I can’t imagine using this as a shadow, it’s much too creamy and doesn’t set without a powder on top even for my highlighting.
– The pencil tip broke even when I was swatching it 🙁
– I CANNOT imagine using it as shadows. They crease so much, even with a primer.
– They crease on me in 10 minutes without a shadow and in an hour with.
– Pixie is a dupe of Benefit’s “High Brow” pencil. so it can be used for highlighting inner corners and under brow bones etc.
– being shimmery makes them look “light-infused” or even pearly.
I have also used it HERE.
Verdict : They have direct comparison with NYX jumbo pencils and honestly, opt for the NYX ones. these are completely missable and get only if you like a certain color 🙂
Availability: These retail for $1.99 and are sold at drugstores and where ever you can find Wet n Wild.
P.S- Product kindly sent by brand for consideration. Opinions strictly personal.
I have kept 3 untouched for a surprise 😉 watch this space 🙂